I believe by now you are excited and full of energy to start your blog. You have read as many blog posts as possible to start a blog, income reports, and strategies to promote your blog. If not, no worries, I have you covered. I’m here to help you achieve your dream of a successful blog. So, if you have your blog name ready and your Niche selected then let’s start a blog with SiteGround, the best hosting company.
If you use my referral link to start your blog with Siteground. I’ll be paid a small commission, at no extra cost to you. This is how I make money. The review is my honest review and I use SiteGround for my hosting. Thanks for your support.
1. They Have An Amazing Uptime
SiteGround has 99.9% uptime which is pretty awesome. Being an online business this feature is a must because having to lose your potential subscribers or sale for your site being down is the worst thing to happen.
2. Their Customer Service Is Superfast
SiteGround’s customer service is lightning quick and super helpful. They are also available 24/7 for phone, Chat or Ticketing support. I have contacted them a couple of times and they live by their statement.
Aside from providing an easy and hassle-free WordPress installation and they also offer free migration of your site.
They do Free daily backups of your blog so you can blog stress-free.
3. Lightning fast Speed
Siteground not only has awesome customer service and uptime, their Speed is also superb. This super speed helps to load your blog faster thereby creating a great experience for your customers. They have datacenters in three major continents which makes their speed super fast. Slow speed also kills your Google Ranking.
Wait, one more thing, there is a list of 9 important things to know before you start your blog, read it here.
ARE YOU READY TO START?
1. Let’s Start by Selecting your Plan
To start a blog with SiteGround, go to SiteGround and click on Sign Up. You’ll see their three plans – Startup, Grow Big and Go Geek. Choose a Plant that suits your need and then click on Get Started.
The first and most basic plan is the StartUp Plan. This is for somebody who is just starting out.
You can always upgrade to bigger plans as your blog grows. I’ m on a startup plan too.
- One Website
- 10GB Web Space
- 10,000 Visits Monthly
- Plus, all the essential features.
The Grow Big plan is for growing blog or bloggers with multiple blogs. I’m hoping to upgrade to this plan soon.
This plan includes,
- Hosting for Multiple Sites
- 20GB Web Space
- Best for up to 25,000 Monthly Visits
- All features of StartUp Plan
- Premium Support like the Super Cacher.
The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites. This is their biggest plan.
This plan includes –
- All the features of Grow Big plant
- 30GB Web Space
- 100,000 Visits Monthly
- Geeky Advance Features
STEP 2: Choose Your Domain
Domain name is the name of your blog. You can use your own name as the domain name, or use a catchy phrase. If you are looking for niche specific domain name then choose something that is related to your niche. Just remember to keep everything simple and straight to the point. Don’t waste too much time here.
You can choose to buy a new domain, or sign up for an existing domain. If you already have a domain, SiteGround offers FREE website transfer at no extra cost!
STEP 3: Fill Out Your Information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Payment card details
- You can opt to go with a one year plan, a two-year plan or a three-year plan.
- When first signing up they offer a discount and when your term limit ends the price will increase. If you know that you are going to blog for a while then paying for 3 years upfront is the best choice in terms of cost. Otherwise, just go with whatever plan you like.
Extra services: here you can choose to select the extra features that you might need.
Go pick your plan, accept their T&C and hit Pay Now.
STEP 4: LET’S INSTALL WORDPRESS
Alright, your Hosting is set up. All you need to do is to install WordPress and get Started!
TIP: If you are not tech savvy or its feed/nap time and need help with WordPress InstalInstallation then simply contact SiteGround customer support and they’ll set up your WordPress in few mins. See, I told you their Customer service is super helpful.
All you need to do is click on the live chat option at the top right right side of the page and ask the customer service rep to install WordPress for you and email the credentials.
But if you want to do it all by yourself then here is the step by step tutorial:
Login to SiteGround customer area by clicking on “Login” on the top right side of the home screen then-
Go to the ‘My Accounts’ tab and then click on ‘Go to cPanel’.
Next, in the ‘Autoinstallers’ section, click on ‘WordPress’.
Then click the blue button that says Install and fill following information:-
- Choose Protocol: If you are on the Grow Big plan (or higher), then choose HTTPS because the plan comes with it. Otherwise, choose HTTP.
- Choose Domain: Pick your domain name from the list.
- In Directory: Leave this blank.
- Site Name: Write the name of your site (You can change it later).
- Site Description: Write a description for your site (You can change it later.
- Admin Username: Choose an admin username. Write it down and keep it in a safe place. You will use this to log-in to your blog.
- Admin Password: Choose an admin username. Write it down and keep it in a safe place. You will use this to log-in to your blog.
- Admin Email: Enter your email address.
- Select Language: Choose your preferred language
- Choose a Theme to Install: Leave this blank for now. You can install your theme later on WordPress.
Once submitted, you will receive a prompt that the account is set up and they will send you an email with your login information.
Congratulation! You are ready to start a blog with SiteGround. One last thing now.
STEP 5: INSTALL THEME
Using the username and password you just created go to www.yourblogname.com/wp-admin and login
To install a theme, click on the appearance on the left side of your WordPress menu and theme. Click on the free theme you want to install or if you have a paid them then install that.
Something to Remember:-
- Buy mobile responsive theme because 80% of people use a mobile phone to surf the internet.
- Don’t make your font size too small that people have to try very hard to read your post. Ideal font size would be 14-16 px, depending on the font type.
- Be careful using fancy fonts as it might not display same as on mobile phones. Experiment with few fonts and see which one looks best on a desktop as well as on a mobile.
TIP: If you want to find out the font of your favorite website then install a chrome extension on Google Chrome – whatfont
CONGRATULATION!! Your blog is ready to go.
Go ahead and create amazing contents for your readers and grow a successful business for yourself.
I’m sure you’ll love your hosting company- SiteGround
If you are ready to launch your blog then check my strategy on how to BOOST your blog launch. I received 3000+ page views within 12 days of my blog launch.
Sign Up for my Newsletter to chit chat and get updates from Dreambigbloghard.com