As a new blogger, I always ask my friends and family members to visit my site, surf around and give me their feedback. Since they are my friends so 99% of the time the feedback is positive ( they don’t want to hurt my feelings). But what I am looking for is if my website is running fine, loading fast, any non-performing links??? If I’m losing visitors because of the lousy performance of my website then I’m losing my income. Hence, companies hire website testers to test the performance of their website by doing series of test and providing feedback. This process of testing a product (in our case, website) is called usability testing or website testing and the people who do it are called website tester.
Okay, are you guys ready?
If you want to start a blog and work from home then check how to start a blog with Siteground and WordPress- A step by Step Guide.
Let’s find out what it takes to become a website tester?
- You can work from home, provided you find a quiet place for 15-20 mins until testing completes.
- No specific qualifications required, you just have to be internet savvy and speak fluent English.
- Computer with Windows 7 or above version, or iMac.
- Mobile & Tablet adds more opportunities but not necessary.
- Broadband connection
- Microphone to speak, you can use your mobile headphone or get a nice headphone online
- Web camera, if there is no inbuilt camera on your desktop or laptop then get one from an online shop or local store.
Note: not all companies need a web camera and some companies want you to download their recorder software so that it can record your test.
Seven Usability Sites:-
You will be paid $10 for each test you take; a typical test lasts approximately 20 minutes. All you have to do as a tester is to be yourself — use the test website exactly as you would in a real-life situation, and voice your thoughts and frustrations out loud so the site developers can understand your experience and others’ like you. This site is open to global testers. There’s no limit on the number of tests you can do, but expect to get a few each week. Payments are sent out every Friday through PayPal. Tests are cleared for payment after being reviewed and accepted by their graders.
Working as a website tester is not full-time work, just a way to make a few extra bucks doing something fun in your spare time.
Testing Time is open to global residents who have an internet connection, and Skype installed on a computer. You will get up to € 50 per study. Each study is conducted via Skype and usually takes 30 – 90 minutes of time. Once the study is completed, you’ll get paid within 5 – 10 days via PayPal.
Earn $10 per test by becoming a certified tester. Each test lasts 10-20 minutes, you do it from your home computer and you only need a microphone. You need to clear a qualifying test to become a tester with UserFeel. This test is simple and instructions are given. Read FAQ for more detail.
UserZoom is open to Global citizens. Payment depends on the complexity of the study. For studies that record your think out loud audio and video, you can expect to make $10 on average. For standard surveys, the payment is $5 on average. The average study takes about 10-20mins. Payment depends on the complexity of the study. For studies that record your think out loud audio and video, you can expect to make $10 on average. For standard surveys, the payment is $5 on average.
All participants must be 18 years or older.
Earn money by providing feedback on websites and applications. Testers earn $10 per test, or even more, depending on the nature of the test. Typical tests will require 10 to 20 minutes to complete. Once your test is approved, payments will be made through PayPal.
To sign up for UserTest you just need an email address. Once your email address is confirmed you’ll need to download their reviewing software to complete your sample review. It might take few hours for them to review your sample test and once approved, you will start receiving a paid test. Earn $10 for each approved test. Payment is through Paypal.
Get $10 via PayPal for every 20-minute video you complete. UserTesting pays you to visit websites or apps, complete a set of tasks, and speak your thoughts aloud. After you sign up, you’ll need to take and pass a qualification test. Once you are qualified then you can start talking paid test.
Things to Remember
- You need to follow the test instructions as per their requirements.
- It is very important that you speak your thoughts out loud as you browse through the site. Try speaking and sharing your thoughts aloud during the entire test. Never stop talking, when you are performing a test
- Give your honest feedback.
- Some tests require a webcam view, some do not. For those that do, it is important that it shows your face clearly.
- Don’t rely on this as a reliable income to get you rich or pay the bills. You should only consider website testing as a side gig. To maximize your earnings, make sure to sign up with more than one usability testing company.
- Consider registering mobile phone as well as a tablet if you have, as it maximizes your earning potential.
Website testing is a simple way to make some money but work is sparse and it’s hard to make a living out of it. It’s nice to add some extra bucks on your holiday budget or pocket money for students.
If you are looking work from home options then check my 40 lists of work from home jobs and start making money.
Join My Facebook Community and grow your business. Also, sign up for my newsletter and get exclusive tips and ideas delivered to your inbox.